Less is More
Like a classical painting or a classic recipe, the ingredients for a memorable dance are few and simple; but the mastery of those details allow one to improvise and create such an experience time and again, even on crowded dance floors.
In this series, which focusses on the most vital ingredients for social dancing, we will:
- Enhance and deepen our understanding of the basic (normal/cross): the structure, timing and history.
- Delve deep into the world of alterations (aka change of directions) - most essential for navigation.
- Taste the many flavors (timing, geometry, feeling) of ocho-cortado and learn clockwise turns.
- Explore the dark side of the embrace and counter clockwise turns.
- And have fun learning milonga-traspie in the last class!
Come prepared to be challenged and to work hard.
October 25th - December 6th. 7:30-9:30pm.
Balance Gym, 1339 Green Ct NW, Washington, DC 20005. 4th floor.
Pre-registration is required for this series.
Roles will be balanced.
*To qualify for this series, participants must have attended weekly tango classes for a minimum of 6 months and taken the Tango Mercurio Advanced Beginner "Tango Essentials" 6-week series at least twice.
To learn about Ramu and Simone, see our Instructors page.